UNIVERSITY RESEARCH EXCELLENCE FOR THE PATIENT
Rob Surgical was created by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) and the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) to respond to the minimally invasive robotic surgery (MIRS) challenges of the
Mayo Clinic in the U.S. and the
European Robotic Surgery Project (EuRoSurge) funded by the European Commission in the FP7.
- 2008-2011: Research phase with UPC, IBEC and Mayo Clinic experts.
- 2012: Rob Surgical spin-off is created in Barcelona with the aim of achieving this leading research in hospitals and patients.
- 2012-2018: Our engineering team develops the functional prototype of the Bitrack system.
- 2014: We perform the first surgery with animal models.
- 2015: We obtain a grant to perform usability trials and validations test in collaboration with surgeons from the University of Barcelona hospitals (
Hospital Clínic and
Vall d'Hebron Hospital).
- 2018: Bitrack has successfully completed its technical validation and is ready to enter the market. More than 20 media outlets talk about this milestone. We also receive a visit from the president of the Catalan government.
- 2019-2021: We will start the regulatory phase to obtain CE and FDA certifications.
- 2022-2023: Everything ready to market the new Bitrack worldwide.
Interested in following the future of our company? We invite you to visit the
News page of this website.